Featuring Cocorosco Coconut Oil
Available at Cold Storage Supermarkets, RedMart & Fairprice Online at only $8.80 / 232ml jar & $15.85 / 500ml jar.
CoCorosco Coconut Oil is 100% extra virgin coconut oil extracted from green coconuts in Southeast Asia, which has a more ‘lemak’ fragrance akin to the luscious aroma of “kueh kueh”.
Makes a 9″ x 5” loaf
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g Cocorosco extra virgin coconut oil
- 340g very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3.5 to 4
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract*Optional: a large handful of walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven at 175°C. Grease and line bottom of a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with the whip attachment, beat sugar and eggs on medium speed for about 5 mins, until light and fluffy.
- With the machine on low speed, slowly and gradually drizzle in the Cocorosco coconut oil (so the batter doesn’t deflate).
- Add mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Continue to mix on low speed just until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and smoothen top. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if using.
- Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour on middle rack of oven, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted in the center of the bread emerges clean (save for a few crumbs). Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 mins before unmoulding and cooling completely.