Featuring Cocorosco Coconut Oil
Available at Cold Storage Supermarkets, RedMart & Fairprice Online at only $8.80 / 232ml jar & $15.85 / 500ml jar.
CoCorosco Coconut Oil is 100% extra virgin coconut oil extracted from green coconuts in Southeast Asia, which has a more ‘lemak’ fragrance akin to the luscious aroma of “kueh kueh”.
- 300g rolled oats
- 250g raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (black, preferably)
- 125g raw almonds
- 90g raw cashews or pecans
- 85g light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp Cocorosco extra virgin coconut oil
- 120ml honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp matcha powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 150°C using the convection/fan setting. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix.
- Add Cocorosco coconut oil and honey/maple syrup, mix thoroughly. Pour granola onto the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on centre rack of oven, stirring every 15 mins. After 30 mins, add matcha powder and stir to combine.
- Continue baking until granola is a light golden-brown and well toasted, about 60 – 65 minutes (do not over-bake).
- Place pan on a rack to cool completely. *Optional: once granola is cool, stir in a large handful of dried cranberries, if desired.